Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration - Nintendo Switch
Atari is celebrating its 50th anniversary, and with it the spark that launched the modern video game industry. It has been five decades since a small team in Silicon Valley combined their creativity, curiosity and passion into making video games and hardware. The result of their efforts was Atari, one of the most recognizable and enduring entertainment and pop culture brands in the world.
Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration is an interactive journey through 50 years of video games through interviews with designers, developers and industry leaders, documentary footage, product design documents, and of course, more than 100 playable games.
At the heart of the 50th Anniversary Collection is a curated list of over 100 games that span seven different hardware platforms – a true feat of emulation by the team at Digital Eclipse. Behind every game are the stories of Atari, what was happening at the company, what went into the creation of the games and the hardware they ran on … told by the people who were there. It is a rare opportunity to get a rich, behind the scenes look at the history of video games.
The talented team at Digital Eclipse also created six new games that revisit, mash-up and re-envision Atari Classics.
● Airworld: yes, the team at Digital Eclipse created the fourth chapter of the never finished Swordquest series: Airworld.
● Haunted House: a modern 3D isometric adventure based on the classic original.
● Vctr Sctr: a celebration of the vector era of gaming which combines gameplay from a variety of vector arcade classics into a single challenge.
● Neo Breakout: an amazing and addictive two player competition that combines the best parts of Breakout and Pong.
● Yars Revenge Reimagined: Modern graphics the best-selling first-party Atari 2600 game of all time.
● Quadratank: The first new entry in the classic Tank series since 1978 combines features from the original games with four-player fun in team or free-for-all modes.
● 100+ classic games lovingly presented with best-in-class emulation and modern quality-of-life enhancements – and the ability to play classic games that have not been available for ages.
● Discover the brand that launched the modern video game industry and the creative individuals behind it through interviews, archival images, special source material and behind-the-scenes content within an interactive timeline.
● Emulation of games created for seven hardware platforms: Arcade, Atari 800, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Atari Jaguar, Atari Lynx.
● Over 60 minutes of exclusive interviews with key players in the games industry – from early Atari designers and engineers and other luminaries of the gaming world -- as they discuss Atari’s enduring impact on the video entertainment landscape.
● A retrospective on gaming history that is a must-own for collectors and fans of video games.
Full game list on our blog - Click Here
Our Pre order Guarntee
- Before release, If the price drops, you will only ever pay the lowest. If the price goes up, then we will protect that and your order price will stand.
- You may cancel your reservation at any time before dispatch.
- Payments Via Credit / Debit / Amex will be processed when your order is placed.
- Payments for Pre Orders by PayPal are authorised at the time of placing your order, but will only be accepted and payment taken at dispatch/release or after 29 days, which ever comes sooner.
- Payments for Pre Orders via Klarna's "Pay in 30 days" or "Pay in 3 instalments" options, are authorised at the time of placing your order, but will only be accepted and payment taken at dispatch/release or after 89 days, which ever comes sooner.
- Payments for Pre Orders by Klarna's "Credit/Debit Card" option, will be authorised at the time of placing your order, but will only be accepted and payment taken at dispatch/release or after 29 days, which ever comes sooner.
Click here to read more.
This game is rated by Games rating authority and PEGI
Buy with Confidence
Only The Best