Released 15th November 2019
- New entries in the main series of Pokémon RPGs arrive on Nintendo Switch simultaneously in late 2019
- The Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games take place in the newly discovered Galar Region
- Galar is an expansive region with diverse environments - an idyllic countryside, contemporary cities, thick forest and craggy, snow-covered mountains
- Fans will have the opportunity to visit Gyms in the Galar region in their quest to become Champion
- Newly discovered partner Pokémon join in this new iteration of the games - Grookey, Scorbunny and Sobble
A new generation of Pokemon is coming to the Nintendo Switch system. Become a Pokemon Trainer and embark on a new journey in the new Galar region! Choose from one of three new partner Pokemon: Grookey, Scorbunny, or Sobble. In this all new adventure, you'll encounter new and familiar Pokemon as you catch, battle, and trade Pokemon while exploring new areas and uncovering an all-new story. Get ready for the next Pokemon adventure in the Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield games.
The Three Pokémon You’ll Meet First! Your new adventure in the Galar region will begin by choosing one of these three Pokémon!
A mischievous Chimp Pokémon that is full of boundless curiosity.
A Rabbit Pokémon that is always running about, bursting with energy.
A somewhat timid Water Lizard Pokémon that shoots out attacks as it hides itself in the water
You’ll Explore the Galar Region!
Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield will be set in Galar, an expansive region with many environments—idyllic countryside, contemporary cities, thick forests, and craggy, snow-covered mountains. The people and Pokémon live together in this region, and they’ve worked together to develop the industries here.
You’ll visit the various Gyms in the Galar region, aiming for the enviable and admirable title of Champion!
More information coming soon!
This game is rated by Games rating authority and PEGI