Released 10th August 2018
We Happy Few is the tale of a plucky bunch of moderately terrible people trying to escape from a lifetime of cheerful denial in the city of Wellington Wells. In this alternative 1960s England, conformity is key. You'll have to fight or blend in with the drug-addled inhabitants, most of whom don't take kindly to people who won't abide by their not-so-normal rules.
Discover the retro futuristic city's dark history as you play through the intertwined narratives of three quietly rebellious citizens of Wellington Wells, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, as they face their pasts, prepare for the future, and engage in activities that aren't exactly status quo in the artificially enthused society.
Pre-order We Happy Few and get the exclusive in-game Jolly Brolly weapon at launch. There's a definite chance of pain when using this weaponized umbrella, complete with advanced blocking capabilities and trippy psychedelic interior.
Explore the Dystopian Isles of Wellington Wells Set in retro futuristic 1960s England, you will find a city ravaged by war and rebuilt by delusion ally happy people. Everything appears to be joyful in Wellington Wells, including the roads, the people, and its omnipresent television personality, Uncle Jack! However, it's a big, idyllic world on the brink of collapse. You will discover the history of this world, and how it came to be just so beguilingly happy.
See the World from Three Distinct Points of View Play as three flawed characters who explore their own connections to the events surrounding the rebuilding of Wellington Wells. They each have a unique storyline in which they interpret and react to the events around them in different ways. As you hide, conform, or fight back as each of them, you will encounter dark humour, a spot of hope, and even some redemption along the way.
A Dystopia of Your Very Own In We Happy Few, no two play through are alike. While the citizens of Wellington Wells will always want to ensure that you've taken your Joy, the procedurally generated world will ensure that your experience with We Happy Few is different and unique.
Take Your Joy…or Don't. The Choice is Yours
- Deluxe Includes both the We Happy Few game, and the Season Pass
- Aside from a procedurally generated world, there are many ways to customize your We Happy Few experience:
- Choose from a range of difficulties for new and experienced players alike
- Play through the story, or customize the sandbox world to your liking
- Try permadeath, if you want to satisfy all your masochistic needs
- Collect recipes, scavenge items, and craft dozens of weapons, tools, and devices
- Creep, crush, or conform your way through puzzles and encounters, and
- Fight with your bare hands or the crazy weapons you create.
This game is rated by Games rating authority and PEGI
Buy with Confidence
Only The Best